Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Venting

The title of today's post is two-fold.  First (as mentioned yesterday), every morning in the winter Maisie loves nothing more than to lay in front of the the heating vent in the second bedroom that I use as a guest room/office.  She sleeps in bed with me (more on that later, I'm sure) and as soon as I get up and open the bedroom door, she will stretch out and immediately head all sleepy-eyed for the vent.

But also I am venting a bit about the difficulty of photographing Maisie.  She hates or is afraid of the camera for some reason and will attempt to avoid successful picture taking whenever possible.  Despite all the adorable photos I may post here, for every one like this:

There are several more like this:

or this (you can sorta see the fear in her eyes...er, eye):

Unfortunately for her, I am very persistent and she usually eventually relents.  Or runs away.  One or the other.

p.s. happy birthday to our wonderful friend Reba!  :)

5 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

Maisie is smart; in front of the vent is the place to be. Our Mr B is like that too; he is always so shy in front of the camera. We're working on keeping the "look at me" even when I have a camera in front of me. I don't know if you remember Miss M from real-life but she has a major staring problem, to the point it has angered other dogs and freaked out some people. But on the plus side, we do get a lot of good photos out of it.

Maisie's Mom said...

I do remember her, but not the staring problem in particular. Maisie does that with other dogs (and occasionally men) sometimes too, but only when she's in "challenge" mode. things usually don't go well after that.

rebakay said...

Thanks Maisie and Maisie's Mom for the b'day shout out.
p.s. I think she's adorable in all poses. Dogs and kids -- you take a thousand pics to get one PERFECT shot.

Beth said...

She sounds EXACTLY like my pit mix, Layla. She sleeps under the covers with me, loooves the heat vent, and her favorite past time is sun bathing outside when it is warm. In regards to getting her picture taken, that is nearly impossible.

Maisie's Mom said...

kindred spirits, Beth! ;)