Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

It's no secret that I treat Maisie like my child more often than not.  Concerned about her well-being as always, I got up early and took her to the dog park this morning since she will need to be crated while I'm at brunch celebrating the holiday with my family today.

On behalf of Maisie and Me, I wish a very happy Mother's Day to all you dog moms out there. Those with perfectly behaved pets and those with problem children like mine.  Those with little dogs and those with pups bigger than they are.  Those with adorable puppies and those with pooches who have a face only a mother could love.  But especially, to those who have opened their homes and hearts to a rescue dog (both fosters and adopters).  By providing a stable environment to an animal who perhaps never knew love before, you truly embody the best qualities of a mother.  Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Of Pit Bulls and Patience said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I hope Maisie gave you a good gift. I received a fabulous early morning wake up call with an extra side of slobber from Skye- it's good to be a dog mom!

keith said...

...your dog is very similar to my keit! http://ilmioamicopitbull.blogspot.com