Sunday, May 13, 2012

Catching Up

So once again I feel I should apologize for the lack of recent posts.  The MS flare up I'm experiencing has yet to go away, so I've been trying to spend most of my non-work time resting.  I have been posting pretty often on our Facebook page though, so if you haven't "liked" us there, you definitely should!

 "really, you should."

Speaking of Facebook, if you do follow us there then you know I have a little Houdini on my hands.  Instead of crating Maisie, lately I have been baby-gating her into the kitchen.  It worked great five or six times.  But yesterday afternoon I was out for a few hours and when I returned home, Maisie greeted me at the door.  I assumed she'd knocked the gate down, but I found it intact and still securely closed.


The only possible explanation seems to be that she jumped it.  But the tile floor is very slippery (and short little Maisie is about half the height of the gate) so I never in a million years would have thought that possible.  She also destroyed a rug in the kitchen in order to fully express her displeasure before making her escape, however it happened.  Part of me fears she may have developed magical evil powers at some point.  And part of me sees a potential nanny-cam purchase in my future!

I of course want to wish a happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, whether your babies be human or canine or both.  It's a gorgeous day here in the Commonwealth and Maisie is doing what she does on any nice Sunday here...hanging out on the deck with me.


Unfortunately, the Canine Security Union does not recognize Mother's Day as a holiday so she's been working too, making sure that there are no visible threats at either end of the deck.



As we know, all that high level security work can tire a pup out.  So Maisie always incorporates a nap (or eight) into her shifts.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

sprinkles said...

Sorry for the MS flare-up. I hope it goes away soon and you'll feel back to normal again.

I just liked you on fb - I'm Glitter Atti on there.

I hope you can join me for my annual Doggone Dog Swap!

Two Kitties One Pittie said...

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well! I love your photos on FB, and I can't believe Maisy jumped the gate! You have a little athlete on your hands!

Keri @ Trinitys Love said...

Happy mothers day to you to! Maisie is a little acrobat. She may need to be on 'the great dog show; soon, lol!