Monday, April 25, 2011

Bundle of Joy

Maisie was so fidgety last night, I barely got any sleep.  She kept moving around, jumped off (then back on) the bed and was just generally unsettled.  I assumed it was because she's super sick of sleeping in the cone at this point, but when I reached over to pet her in an attempt at reassurance at about 4am (after hours of tossing and turning), her fur felt cold.  I realized maybe that was the problem.  I have old-fashioned windows that require a crank to open/close, and though there are five windows upstairs, there is only one crank up here.  I had left a window in the bedroom open last night and though I too felt a bit chilly, the crank was on a window in another room and I was too tired to go get it.  Needing a lazy person's solution, I quickly bundled Maisie up in her throw blanket like a little cone head burrito.  She instantly fell asleep.

And remained like that until I woke up three hours later.

I'm glad she finally settled down but I am still exhausted...and it's Monday.  Ugh.

CONE COUNTDOWN:  Just 34 hours 'til stitch removal!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a dear momma you are. our pups always sleep much better in a burrito too!

Two Pitties in the City said...

We've been out of town, so we totally missed this injury. How completely scary. I'm glad she is doing better, and I'm sure she's going to be so excited to get out of that cone.

Maisie's Mom said...

TPitC, we will both be very excited for her to get out of the cone. I have to travel for work early next week then I'm on vacation the week after, so it's good timing at least. I'd be afraid to leave her in the care of anyone else with the stitches still in. and l&al, I LOVE your two dog sleeping bag! :)

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

i just laughed so hard at your profile which i had never read! your'e so funny!

www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

Maisie's Mom said...

thanks Two Grad Students...I love reading your blog! :)

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

ok. wait. we just went back and read you blog from beginning to end. we have comments.

1. you are funny
2. sorry we have not been up to date, you are such a great blogger. as you can see, we have an affinity for you Chicago Rescuer Bloggers!
3. NLOL sounds so amazing, we first heard of it from Two Pitties, wish we had it in NYC!
4. Do you think Havi and Maisie look alike? Long lost sibs?!
5. We're so sorry she got hurt, were so sad for her. But great mom she has!
6. thanks for the deer antler idea!

can't wait for more adventures!

www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

Maisie's Mom said...

wow...you just made my day, Law and/or Dental Student! :D