Monday, June 25, 2012

Mondays Require Extra Effort

I was lucky enough to spend the weekend at a yoga/spa retreat in the Berkshires.  I was really excited to de-stress, but of course I was also very nervous about leaving Maisie. She stayed at her daycare for the two nights I was away, and it was the first time I've left her overnight since we moved here.

Of course, I called the daycare to check in and was told Maisie was doing great.  The wonderful owner told me she even slept downstairs on the couch so Maisie could sleep with her (she has cats upstairs and rightly thought it wouldn't be the best idea to let Maisie near them for an extended period of time).  Knowing Maisie was enjoying herself allowed me to enjoy beautiful views like these.



But since Maisie was on a different schedule (i.e. one not including me) for the last couple days, it was extra hard to get her to leave the bed this morning.  See for yourself...


I can't help but smile when I see that tail wagging.  She's adorable even when she's ignoring me, right?  ;)

p.s.  for more frequent Maisie updates and pics, please "like" our Facebook page if you haven't yet!

3 comments:

Two Pitties in the City said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a joyful wakeup. And so great that she is getting more comfortable!

Anonymous said...

That video is hilarious - I love that she is wagging her tail at your voice but refusing to look at you...she knows once she looks at you she has to obey you. Too funny!

JD and Max said...

Ahh - Maisie in movement, Maxie is even more enchanted! It really made us smile this video and we watched it several times as it's such a 'feel good' start to the day!

Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max (with extra smoochies to Maisie from Max!)