Saturday, June 2, 2012

Car Rides

Maisie has a very dysfunctional relationship with my car, and therefore taking her for a ride is always an adventure.  She is uber-protective of the car itself, and barks insanely when anyone (strangers or someone she knows well, it does not make a difference) comes within ten feet of it.  This makes red lights interesting, as Maisie routinely scares the bejeesus out of pedestrians who have the nerve to innocently walk past our vehicle.  She also barks like crazy if I leave her in the car for a few minutes, like earlier this week when I had to run into CVS to pick up a prescription on the way home from work.  I left the sun roof open for ventilation and could still hear Maisie barking while I was INSIDE THE STORE.  *sigh*  As I said, always an adventure.

On the plus side, Maisie LOVES going for car rides.  As long as we are moving, she is perfectly content to take a nap, watch the world go by through the window, or just simply relax in the backseat.


And if she starts feeling that familiar urge to chew, there's always an antler nearby to scratch that itch!


p.s.  for more frequent Maisie updates and pics, please "like" our Facebook page if you haven't yet!

1 comment:

Keri @ Trinitys Love said...

Oh poor Maisie! I hate leaving my pup in the car she always gives me the 'your not taking me with you?' face.