Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Routine

Maisie and I are settling into a new routine now that I've been working from home for a couple weeks.  We are definitely spending lots of time together, though she's actually being crated more than before because I have been trying to get out of the house when I can and she hasn't been going to daycare very often (it's not that close to the house and kinda seems like a waste of money unless I'll be away for a significant amount of time at this point).  Maisie has been taking advantage of having the couch downstairs all to herself while I work upstairs... 

Other times, she hangs out with me and rests on the futon in the guest room/office.  She usually just sleeps, but occasionally feels the need to express her feelings about me not paying enough attention to her.

Yesterday, my co-worker Emily and Chrissy (both work-from-homers too) came over and we all worked together in my living room.  I'm not sure who was more sleepy...Chrissy:
Or Maisie.

Today will have a couple new experiences for us...first, my monthly cleaning service just arrived and Maisie has never met them...I'm sure there will be plenty of vacuum cleaner-fueled terror for her today!  I have never been home while they cleaned either, so I'm hoping we won't be in their way too much.  Second, for whatever reason Maisie has not been running at the dog park like she used to (and again, she has limited daycare visits now) and I am concerned about the overall reduction in exercise for her.  I definitely have noticed a slight increase in Maisie's leash aggression and I think the two things are related, so tonight we are meeting with a professional dog runner service for a consultation.  It costs $30 for a 50-60 minute run of between three and seven miles, and it would be great if that helped alleviate some of Maisie's crazy energy.  She's never really been running before, so we'll have to see how it goes.  I'll keep you posted!

p.s. please "like" our Facebook page if you haven't yet...I post pics and updates not included on the blog pretty much daily.  we'd love to see you there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love her sleeping with her tongue out - so funny!

Kate said...

She is so darn cute!

p.s. I'm featuring pictures of sleeping dogs on my facebook page today - I'd love it if you posted one of Maisie!

Jaime said...

Izzy rarely will sleep and lounge. She would do great with a dog runner but it's just too hot right now! Good thing we have Peeps for inside play!

Two Grad Students and a Pittie said...

What a fun work group you have! Is wine allowed at work? I cant wait to hear about this runner!

Of Pit Bulls and Patience said...

I love the idea of a work from home party! Did you accomplish more or less?

mel said...

I work from home, too -- have been for over a year. Sometimes I worry about what will happen when the time comes for me to actually work in an office.

It's great having my furballs around while I work, though.

Maisie's Mom said...

oh we definitely accomplished more, Of Pit Bulls and Patience. um...yeah, definitely! ;)

Anonymous said...

This reminds me that I owe you some ideas about the crate issue. Is it getting any better? Are you working with a trainer on her leash reactivity too? They say it's good to work on that before it becomes really bad (it can continue to spiral otherwise). I learned this the hard way with Mr. Chick and we had a lot of remedial work to do to get him back to an ability to walk normally without reacting to dogs. I do envy your working from home routine too . . .