Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hey Kelly Ripa...

Does this look like a dangerous dog to you?



Although we are Chicago natives, Maisie and I currently live in the town ranked #4 on Money Magazine's 2012 "100 Best Places to Live" list.  No gangsters here...

It's been a tough week for us responsible pit bull owners, especially in the Boston area.  Will the negative perception of our beloved breed ever end when those stereotypes are constantly reinforced in the media?  The fight against ignorance continues.

p.s.  for more frequent Maisie updates and pics, please "like" our Facebook page if you haven't yet!

3 comments:

Rebelwerewolf said...

I hadn't seen that Boston article until you linked it. That's really too bad -- I hope they aren't able to get the extension, and BSL goes away after this month. I'd love to take my pups to an event in Boston without having to worry about cops targeting us for their appearance.

I hate (strong word, but it's the truth in this case) the misconception that all pitbulls are dangerous dogs and only pitbulls can be dangerous. It is exactly this kind of thinking that leads to people getting bitten and saying "the dog just snapped" or "the bite came out of nowhere" because they don't pay attention to the dog's body language or its surroundings and just think it is a "safe breed".

Pitlandia Pooch said...

You tell her, Maisie!!

My Two Pitties said...

As a child I got attacked by a shitzu. Do I now think all shitzu's ane dangerous? Hell ya! J/K:) It would be awesome if a famous pittie or 2 were to go on the show and show em' what's what.